Xio - 1984 Airstream 310 Motorhome
Welcome to our Airstream page, here you will find photos and videos cronicalling the renovation/restoration of our 1984 Airstream 310 Motorhome
We named her Xio (Zee-Oh).
We plan to make Xio our winter home when we travel back to Canada and eventually she will join us down in Nicaragua.
Shouldn't every family have a trailer and a motorhome?
NASA Airstream Motorhome
We bought Xio from a wonderful family in Kenmore Washington. Here is the work we did immediatly in the parking lot of an O'Rielly's Auto Part store. The staff there were absolutley awesome and a pleasure to deal with. Very knowledgeable and helpful.
If I get my way, we will restore the exterior to be like the Airstream motorhomes NASA used to transport astronauts for the moon and shuttle missions.
Everything you ever wanted to know about the classic Airstream motorhomes from Airforums.com:
So it turns out the misfires are the result of the exhaust valve in cylinder 8 not sealing. The engine was rebuilt at some point and the bottom end looks ok, but the heads will need to be rebuilt. I was hoping it was a broken spring, which would have been a much cheaper fix.
- New 12 Volt House Batteries
- Computer Arm
- TV Lift
- Auxiliary Heater - rebuild
- Auxiliary Heater - adding a second Aux Heater in the rear bedroom.
- New Air Springs
- Exhaust leak(s) - FIXED
- Squeaky fan belt
- Misfires when driving light on accelerator
- Drive shaft clunks when shifting from drive to reverse
- Airhorns not beeping
- Fuel gauge not working, burning out 20A fuse
- Volts gauge not working
- RPM gauge not working
- Dash lights not working
- A/C not working
- Cruise control not working
- Replace mirrors
- Replace driver and passenger seats
- Rebuild dash with better gauges
- How to get more power and better fuel economy??? Add fuel injection ??? rebuild motor ??? replace motor… diesel or gas?
WORK to be Completed:
- Rebuild carburetor
- Replace fuel line re: Chevy P30 VaporLock Fix 1984.pdf
- Replace fuel pump and rear fuel filter
- Inspect valves and repair if necessary
- Check front suspension airbags
2017-08-23 - Replaced:
- spark plugs
- spark plug wires
- fan belts
- valve cover breather
- fuel filter
- passenger side exhaust gasket
- driver's side exhaust manifold plug
- distributor cap & rotor
- air filter
- Sprayed one can of Sea Foam into carb
- Changed oil and filter. Used High Mileage Full Synthetic 10W40
- adjusted timing and carburetor
- Put 2 containers of Duralube Severe Fuel System Cleaner
Missing plus in driver's side exhaust manifold
Old spark plugs
Len at Automotion in Edmonton broke out some old school testing equipment to use on Xio.
Turns out Xio has a bad exhaust valve on cylinder #8 and that is what is causing the misfires.